Success! Progress! Community Services
The Sunland-Tujunga Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to making Sunland-Tujunga a better place to live and work in. Here are just some of the community successes in the cities of Sunland, Tujunga, Shadow Hills and Lake View Terrace.
- Brought fireworks back to Sunland-Tujunga for the 4th of July.
- Worked to cut through the layers of government to archieve the paving of Foothill Boulevard.
- Organizes the planting of trees along Foothill Boulevard.
- Landscaped the 210 freeway off/on ramps, in coordination with Assemblyman Scott’s office & Cal Trans.
- Achieved a mini sub station for the L.A.P.D. at the Chamber office. (now used by officers for paperwork and phone calls), which results in heightened Sunland-Tujunga & L.A.P.D. connections. state officials holding “office hours” at the Chamber office.
- Initiated the local community council, upon the recommendation of the United Chambers of Commerce.
- Helped start the 1st Commerce Street Faire.
The Chamber also does many ongoing tasks that help improve the quality of life and business in our community.
- Maintains direct contact with federal government officials.
- Acts as your voice in legislation that affects your business.
- Belongs to United Chambers of Commerce of the San Fernando Valley. (we are one of 23 chambers-strength in numbers.)
- Produces the Easter Carnival at Sunland Park.
- Our government referral service aid helps chamber members in cutting through government layers to better their business and home life.
- Works on the Business Watch program, presented by the Los Angeles Police Department, Foothill Community Station, senior lead officers & the Chamber. 4th Tuesday of every month, Elks Lodge, Tujunga.
- Represents the community in public hearings from planning commission to city council.
- Gives you business referrals.
- Provides demographics & map of Sunland-Tujunga.
- Distributes the community calendar & the Sunland-Tujunga directory.
- Raises monies for our communy – any monies or profits raised go back into our community. remember the chamber is an all volunteer organization except for 1 part time employee working 16 hours per week.
Get to know your Chamber!
We are here for one purpose – to uplift the Sunland-Tujunga community! Together we can make Sunland-Tujunga a better place to live and work in.